View of Round Potrero Valley, where an 824-acre training camp was proposed. We won this one when Blackwater Pulled the project on March 7, 2008. Read More...
|Remember the bill passed just before the November, 2006, elections to fund the military? ("John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007" (H.R. 5122)) Well, hidden in that bill are provisions that seriously weaken two bulwarks of liberty--the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act of 1807--by expanding the power of the president to declare martial law and use troops as a domestic police force in response to a "public emergency" or any "other condition". Blackwater troops (which were deployed domestically in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina) or other private mercenary and paramilitary forces pose a severe threat to the civil liberties of the American people and now could be deployed to quell public dissent, put down popular uprisings, or even to stop opposing points of view through intimidation or outright force. These are bases of an invading force that is bent on stealing our country from us, right under our noses! CONNECT THE DOTS!|
- Deepwater Horizon - Massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is the largest environmental disaster in US history. This project collect technical background information and proposes solutions.
- 'Full Containment' plan to stop the Deepwater Horizon leak -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-06-24
- 'Full Containment' Plan News Release -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-06-23
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill 'Full Containment' Plan - Whitepaper submitted to DHS -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-06-18 Deepwater Horizon
- ECPAC - El Cajon City Council threatens to close the East County Performing Arts Center (ECPAC) theater December 24th for 18 to 24 months for some kind of renovation, the substance of which is not quite clear. Apparently, there is some threat of lawsuit by CCT (Christian Community Theater) and Art Beat Management, headed by Paul Russell.
- Election Integrity - Cops has completed a report exposing irregularities at the San Diego County RegistrarOfVoters. See COPs Rov Report and download your free copy. We've discovered 9,000 "missing" ballots and proof that they are severely mismanaged. See also the totally-open method, proposed by Ray Lutz: Open Canvass
- CPRA Request to San Diego Registrar of Voters on Nov 2010 Election -- Registrar Of Voters, Citizens Oversight, 2011-01-24 Large zip file, 3.98GB. Citizens Oversight
- C00027 - COPS request to Registrar of Voters on Manual Tally Procedures -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-11-08 Registrar Of Voters
- COPs Report on the San Diego County Registrar of Voters Procedures -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-02-11 This is document C00026 to Registrar Of Voters
- Grossmont Healthcare Board - Strange resignation by longtime board member James Stieringer appears to be to boost his pension by 10x and smacks of insider dealing. See Stieringer Employment Scam for more specific information on this project.
- GHD Special Meeting -- Stieringer Replacement Appt. -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-20 Stieringer Employment Scam
- Grossmont Healthcare District 2010-12-06 meeting on Director Emeritus and Building Dedication to Stieringer -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-06 Features RayLutz, CitizensOversight, Stieringer Employment Scam
- C00030 - COPS contribution to GHD 2010-12-06 meeting -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-05 Stieringer Employment Scam
- Sunrise Powerlink - SDG&E surprises Lakeside with the announcement that the huge transmission line project is slated to decimate EL MONTE VALLEY. See background and videos here: SunrisePowerlink.
- Financing, legal woes block big Imperial Valley solar project -- Onell Soto, Union Tribune, 2010-12-13
- Solar setbacks -- Judith Lewis Mernit, High Country News, 2010-12-13
- Powerlink booster may have powered up too soon Official was lobbying within 10 months of leaving the state -- Jeff Mc Donald, Union Tribune, 2010-07-15
- Wind Zero - Paramilitary training camp planned for Ocotillo/Nomirage area of Imperial County, just over the San Diego County line, is now called "Coyote Wells". Draft EIR up for comment on 2010-01-26. Imperial County BOS hearing held on 2010-12-13 and has been continued to 2010-12-21.
- Hearing on Wind Zero on 2010-12-13 by Imperial County BOS -- Raymond Lutz, Citizens Oversight, 2010-12-13
- Imperial County Planning Commission Meeting on Wind Zero (Transcript) -- ", PAWZ, 2010-08-11
- Protesters march at site of proposed training facility near Ocotillo -- SILVIO J. PANTA, IVPress Online, 2010-03-21
- Blackwater Otay - Blackwater (now "Xe") offends the community with agreement with Southwestern College to use campus classrooms in trade for use of shooting range. The SWC Governing Board voted to cancel the agreement during their October 14, 2009 meeting, about ten months after the agreement was first disclosed. More here: Blackwater Otay and Blackwater In Southwestern College
- Activist a common sight recording local meetings -- Ray Lutz is government watchdog -- Anne Krueger, Union Tribune, 2010-01-30 Features Raymond Lutz
- Police academy suspends classes -- Kristina Davis, Union Tribune, 2010-01-21 (Note: this academy recently pulled their contract with Blackwater/Xe to use the Blackwater Otay training facility. See Blackwater In Southwestern College for the full story on our 10-month battle to stop that contract. This additional scrutiny of their training facility may be a result as well.)
- FIRE Letter to Southwestern College Superintendent-President Raj K. Chopra -- Adam Kissel, Foundation For Individual Rights In Education, 2009-11-03
- See pictures of Protest of Blackwater's Federal Court Misuse on 6/17 - We were there, in front of the Federal courthouse, at the corner of Front and Broadway in San Diego at 10 a.m. on June 17th. The hearing started at 10:30, argued by City Attorney Mike Aguirre before President's father appointee, Hon. Marilyn Huff.
- See pictures of Protest Rally on 6/11 with Jeremy Scahill, award-winning and best-selling author of Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army who addressed the crowd. (In front of the recently discovered Otay Mesa mercenary training facility... This madness must stop!
- Blackwater Worldwide wiki
- Blackwater Otay Secret Facility - Blackwater attempts to open a secret facility by Cal-Mex border by calling it a "vocational school" and using the name "Southwest Law Enforcement." Sorry, Blackwater, the cat is out of the bag!!
Press Conference and Rally -- 25 Apr 2008Read and endorse our Open Letter To Congress regarding dismissal of Blackwater and enactment of the Stop Outsourcing Security Act.
Our rally to put pressure on Blackwater to pull the plug on this project too! We won on their first ridiculous project in Potrero We can do the same here! Ray Lutz explains the situation on Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman:
- Blackwater Main - General topic overview for all Blackwater Worldwide oversight.
- Blackwater Otay Mesa - Most recent "secret" facility in Otay Mesa.
- Blackwater Potrero - We won this one... But it took over a year of work.
- CopsWiki - General site for Citizens Oversight Projects.
Bio of Raymond Lutz
(You'll automatically get one if you donate, of course. But please let us know if you can use more than one!!)
We are accepting donations to help fund our battle with Blackwater and save Round Potrero Valley. Please visit our donation page.